Economic Development Strategic Plan for Town of Auburn (MA)
For the town of Auburn (MA), Hodge Economic Consulting (now merged with Cambridge Econometrics) was selected to lead all aspects of an economic development strategic plan.
Auburn is a relatively small town (population less than 20,000) but with its enviable transportation assets (I-90, I-290 and along the CSX main line), it maintains a diverse mix of distribution, manufacturing and regional retail industries.
The Economic Development Strategic Plan includes the following major components:
- a data-driven profile of economic, demographic, and industry trends and conditions for the town;
- interviews with a wide range of local/regional economic development stakeholders;
- a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis;
- strategy development of actionable policy, investment and programmatic changes for the town; and
- a variety of public input meetings and final report briefings.
The final plan was completed in spring 2017 and Hodge was retained to help implement key aspects of the strategic recommendations, including developing marketing and promotional materials, and researching options and specifications for hiring a full-time economic development professional.